Tsinghua University, Beijing, China July 2015
Master of Art in Interdisciplinary Studies of Information Art & Design
- GPA: 90.3/100
- Coursework: Interaction Design Seminar Communication Studies Information Art and Information Design
- Honors: Zhang Ting Scholarship, Academy of Art and Design, 2013 (Top 5% in class)
Bachelor of Science in Electronic Engineering GPA: 88.0/100
- Coursework: C & C++Programming Data Structure and Algorithm Analog and Digital Circuit Database
Bachelor of Art minor in Game Design GPA: 89.0/100
- Coursework: Game Design, Programming for Game, Interactive Game Technology, Video and Audio Technology
- Media report about the final game design, an experimental tangible AR game using computer vision technology.
Intern of Interaction Design in HITLab, University of Tasmania, Tasmania, Australia Dec. 2013 – Apr. 2014
- Completed a project of a mobile app for aquaculture with researchers in Australia. Using user-centered design method to improve user experience of the app, which can reduce loss and optimize the outcome.
- Produced research about the use of tangible user interaction and gamification in agriculture after reading over 20 papers; highly praised by Professor Henry Duh as a new research direction about HCI and food product innovation.
- Demo in IDC2014 (Interaction Design and Children), Aarhus, Denmark
- We envisage a future in which Chinese children can participate actively in scientific research by building low-cost scientific instruments, using them to study their environment and sharing the resulting data online for collaborative analysis with crowdsourcing technologies
- A product to monitor PM 2.5 of personal environment, with a relative mobile app for users to share the data
- Cooperated with other students, I did the interaction design of the device showing different data with appropriate pleasant light, and also designed and developed the website of the product.
- Demo in Intel Developer Forum 2013, San Francisco
- Redefined the concept of flash, using computer vision and projection technology to achieve some effects of post-processing instantly. I developed the UI of the software using Qt and a light generating system using openGL.
- Awarded the 1st place of the 10th IFLA International Marketing Award in 2012
- In cooperation with librarians and other students, we created a series of five short, entertaining videos to improve library brand awareness and help students make better use of services of library.
- Designed and developed a web-based bookshelf matching game to help students become familiar with the position of books in the library, which is the first game of library in China.
Sweden Day, Beijing, China Mar. 2012 – June 2012
- Designed a three-month marketing plan with the team and attracted more than 5,000 students to participate
- Marketing manager of the association (top 10 student association in Tsinghua)
Languages: Mandarin (Native), English (Fluent)
Hardware: Proficient in Arduino, Raspberry Pi
Software: Proficient in Matlab, Photoshop, Illustrator, Arduino, Processing, Qt
Interests: Drawing, Tennis, Erhu (Chinese traditional instrument), Photography